A Study of the Antichrist
Today, in July of 2019 the Lord God’s Spirit has awoken me with the word “antichrist” with the scripture which keeps coming to mind is in the epistles of John where John speaks about the fact that there are many antichrist that had went out from them that they know that it is the last hour, 1 John 2:18.
Now the content of this study will be on the subject of the antichrist, and I believe, that there is much misunderstanding about the full and true meaning in the scriptures about the antichrist in the last days or the last hour, and what is being taught. Yes, I would feel safe in saying that there are some who will say that the antichrist has nothing to do with the political system of the world. My personal aim in this study is on this subject of antichrist, to present unto you a comprehensive study that I pray will advance your Christian understanding and spiritual wisdom with the knowledge of the antichrist and what he will do unto the saints who will not worship him. Nevertheless, I have sought my Lord and God by the Holy Spirit to give me the scriptures for the readers to examine them diligently.
Here are 81 scripture text of the subject of antichrist
Who is the beast and who is the antichrist? Those who receive the mark of the beast will be subject to the wrath of God. Yet those who refuse to receive the mark of the beast will receive the wrath of the beast also during the prophecy of the book of Revelation. Therefore, it is most important to identify the beast of Revelation 13.
The Protestant reformers, including Luther, Calvin, Zwingli, Knox, Wesley, and many others, recognized that the beast power was mentioned under various synonyms in Scripture. It was the little horn of Daniel 7, the man of sin, the son of perdition who introduces the mystery of iniquity in 2 Thessalonians 2, the antichrist of 1 John 2 and 4 and 2 John, Babylon of Revelation 14, 16, 17, 18, and the whore and scarlet beast of Revelation 17.
The Scripture provides us with so many identifying features of the beast power that there is left to us no possible doubt whatsoever. Remembering the synonymous terms used for the beast as listed above, we find the following identifying factors of the beast.
“After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things” (Daniel 7:7,8).KJV
1. Arose from the fourth beast (the Roman Empire) of Daniel 7:7,8.
2. Displaced 3 of the 10 kingdoms into which the Roman Empire disintegrated — Daniel 7:8, 24.
3. Possessed human qualities — Daniel 7:8.
4. Spoke great words — Daniel 7:8.
5. The beast made war against God’s saints and prevailed against them — Daniel 7:19-21, 25.
6. That war ceased when judgment is passed upon the saints for possession the kingdom — Daniel 7:22.
7. For out of ten horns is this kingdom — Daniel 7:24.
8. Will be different from the other 10 kingdoms — Daniel 7:24.
9. And the beast shall speak great things against the Most High God — Daniel 7:25.
10. The beast at that time shall will try to make changes in the laws of the scriptures — Daniel 7:25.
11. Will be given authority for “for a time, times, and half of time” — Daniel 7:25.
12. The beast time shall be taken away in the judgment — Daniel 7:26.
13. The beast will be utterly destroyed — Daniel 7:26.
(2 Thessalonians 2:3,4,7-11).
14. This power will prevail because of a falling away from the truth — 2 Thessalonians 2:3.
15. Opposes God — 2 Thessalonians 2:4.
16. Exalts itself above God — 2 Thessalonians 2:4.
17. Opposes true worship — 2 Thessalonians 2:4.
18. Sits in the temple of God — 2 Thessalonians 2:4.
19. Accepts the mystery of iniquity — 2 Thessalonians 2:7.
20. Will be destroyed at Christ’s coming — 2 Thessalonians 2:8.
21. Will do the works of Satan — 2 Thessalonians 2:9.
22. Will use signs and lying wonders — 2 Thessalonians 2:9.
23. Will do unrighteously — 2 Thessalonians 2: 10.
24. Will accept strong delusions — 2 Thessalonians 2:11.
(1 John 2: 18, 22, 23).
25. Is a liar — 1 John 2:22.
26. Denies the Father and the Son — 1 John 2:22.
(1 John 4:2,3).
27. Denies Christ came in the flesh (fallen nature) — 1 John 4:3,4.
(2 John 7).
28. Deceives — 2 John 7.
29. This power rises out of a symbolic sea — Revelation 13:1.
30. Has 7 heads, 10 horns, and 10 crowns — Revelation 13:1.
31. Its name is blasphemy — Revelation 13:1.
32. Has the characteristics of a leopard (Greece — see Daniel 7); a bear (Medo-Persia); and a lion (Babylon) — Revelation 13:2.
33. The dragon (Satan; see Revelation 12:9) gives him power and authority — Revelation 13:2.
34. One of his heads received a deadly wound — Revelation 13:3.
35. The deadly wound was healed — Revelation 13:3.
36. All the world would wonder after the beast — Revelation 13:3.
37. The power leads out in worship of the dragon (Satan; Revelation 12:9; 20:2) — Revelation 13:4.
38. Satan gave him power — Revelation 13:4.
39. The beast itself was worshipped — Revelation 13:4.
40. Other nations were not able to make war with him — Revelation 13:4.
41. He spoke great things and blasphemies — Revelation 13:5.
42. He continues 42 months — Revelation 13:5.
43. Blasphemed the heavenly tabernacle — Revelation 13:6.
44. Blasphemed them that dwell in heaven — Revelation 13:6.
45. Made war with the saints and overcame them — Revelation 13:7.
46. Possessed power over all the world — Revelation 13:7.
47. Will attract almost universal worship — Revelation 13:8.
48. Only the most dedicated of Christians will resist his power and authority — Revelation 13:8.
49. A second power arises exercising all the power of the beast — Revelation 13:11, 12.
50. The beast with the lamb-like horns will force all to worship the first beast — Revelation 13:12.
51. This second beast does great wonders — Revelation 13:13, 14.
52. The second beast deceives — Revelation 13:14.
53. The second beast makes an image to the first beast — Revelation 13:14.
54. The second beast enforces an universal death decree upon all, on behalf of the first beast — Revelation 13:15.
55. The second beast enforces the mark of the first beast — Revelation 13:17.
56. The second beast implements an economic boycott upon all who reject the mark of the beast — Revelation 13:17.
57. The number of the first beast is 666 — Revelation 13:18.
58. The beast (Babylon) is fallen because she has made all nations drink of the wine of her fornication — Revelation 14:8.
59. There is fearful retribution for any who receive the mark of the beast — Revelation 14:9-11.
60. The saints who reject the mark of the beast will be those who keep the commandments of God and have Christ’s faith — Revelation 14:12.
(Revelation 15: 2,3).
61. The redeemed will have overcome the beast’s mark — Revelation 15:2,3.
(Revelation 16:2,3, 19).
62. Those with the mark of the beast receive the seven last plagues — Revelation 16:1,2.
63. It receives the wrath of God — Revelation 16:19.
64. It will be judged — Revelation 17:1.
65. It commits spiritual fornication with national leaders and merchants — Revelation 17:2.
66. It is full of spiritual fornication (see Jeremiah 3:1-6) — Revelation 17:4.
67. The whore is Babylon —Revelation 17:5.
68. It murders saints — Revelation 17:6.
69. It shall be sent to perdition — Revelation 17:8.
70. It sits upon 7 mountains as does the city of Rome — Revelation 17:9.
71. It is one of the seven powers that have opposed God’s truth, and returns to associate with the seventh, it being also the eighth — Revelation 17:10,11.
72. These 10 horns, which represent Europe (see Daniel 7:24), shall become united in purpose in order to provide power and authority to the beast — Revelation 17: 12, 13.
73. The 10 horns and the beast make war with God and His people — Revelation 17:14.
74. Eventually the 10 horns will hate the beast and attack it — Revelation 17:15-17.
75. The woman represents a great city which reigns over the world’s leaders — Revelation 17:18.
(Revelation 18: 2-24).
76. Babylon is vile — Revelation 18:2,3.
77. God urgently calls all men to come out of her faith — Revelation 18:4,5.
78. There will be a terrible retribution for Babylon — Revelation 18:4,5.
79. She has prostituted herself with leaders of nations and merchants and will receive the plagues — Revelation 18:8-24.
80. The beast is cast into the lake of fire and brimstone — Revelation 19:20.
81. Those who reject the work of the beast will reign with God for 1000 years — Revelation 20:4.
Therefore, the Holy Bible truly exhibits more than 80 identifying marks of the beast power of Revelation 13. No other symbol in the scriptures that so specifically and irrefutably identified the beast in the scripture. A minority of these symbols are truly identifying the prophecy and are identifying features are of the future, however, the great majority are historical facts recorded in the Bible and therefore, they can be documented from the scriptures. To much of the major studies done by theologians on the beast and antichrist states: One power, and one only, fulfills all the criteria which have been historically completed — the Roman Catholic Church. However, the Protestant reformers were absolutely correct in their identification of the beast of Revelation 13 as the antichrist power and their identification of that power as the Papacy.
The majority of scholars and theologians who intelligently identify the beast of Revelation 13 as the Papacy have a deep love and concern for the souls of their Roman Catholic friends. They recognize that many Roman Catholics are sincere in their convictions, but deceived.
(Revelation 18:4, emphasis added),
For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus (1 Timothy 2:5).
The idea that the soul is immortal, borrowed from paganism, and defying the plain word of Scripture, was introduced. God alone has immortality.
(1 Timothy 6: 15,16),
He also states clearly that the punishment of the wicked is eternal destruction.
(2 Thessalonians 1:9). (Ephesians 2:8-10). (2 Thessalonians 2:13). (Exodus 20:4-6). (Exodus 20: 8-11). (1 Corinthians 7:19),
(1 John 2:3,4). (1 John 3:24). (1 John 5:2,3) ( 2 John 6). (Revelation 12:17) (Revelation 14:12). (Revelation 22:14). A Study of Comparing Christ and the Antichrist